A drop


A drop
Clung to the leaf
at the edge,
waited
Like the maiden
in the ball
with breath bated
So did I

Pause
That stretched till eternity,

broken
By the wind's temerity

.
.
.
.
-!Plop!-
.
.
.
The drop
Lost
In the vastness of the pond
disappears

In memory remains
fresh


The bond
tenuous
Of the drop and the leaf


So deep
inscribed
forever


alive
In me

7 visitors stopped by.:



Neeru Iyer said...

:) sweet. there are no such things as "after all"s in your life, eh? every little thing inspire some big thing!

Anonymous said...

hmm...2 personalities in one eh?? i could make that out when i saw only meena in orkut... no winnie!! :)
like this post...ur 125th..!! the master poetess eh?? well done...
may you reach a thousand soon!!
keep posting and do review my humble works when u can...!

Bharath said...

Wonderful imagery..beautiful contemplation interlaced with lovely metaphors...:))
Lovely!!

Unknown said...

Wow...nice observation...the drop and the leaf...u allaz have amazing ideas to ryt on...


and di...thanx for the read and comment...[:p]

RiverSoul said...

Really nice thesis.
I loved the way you have analysed the oh-so-short lifespan of a water drop.
Keep up the good work.
Will visit again.

RiverSoul said...

Oh! And i am blogrolling you.
Hope you dont mind.
:)

RiverSoul said...

I am so sorry abt the repeated comment.
I browse Online on my mobile, on opera mini browser.
In some rare cases, it forgets cookies and that results in multiple post entries. Plz forgive me.
:)