Lullaby

Around midnight yesterday,
I strained my ears to hear,
Those mystic faded tunes
That you used to whisper once
In my ears.

Around midnight yesterday....
Sleep sneaked in slowly
And my weary eyes drooped
As your words reverberated
Like a lullaby

Prompted at : OSI 


14 visitors stopped by.:



Maggie said...

One of my grandmothers rocked, hummed and sang to me as a child when I was less than 2 years old...they still echo in my heart.

SandyCarlson said...

That reverberation haunts!

cyclopseven said...

Midnight is a wonderful moment. A moment that creates and dissolves many sweet as well as bitter memories. As long as it sounds like a mystical lullaby, I bet you are on the safe track. Good piece.

anthonynorth said...

Beautifully put.

Deborah Godin said...

A whispered song at midnight - what could be better?!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Call me crazy, but I sense an adult couple in this poem somewhere. And I love what you've done with it.

Tumblewords: said...

Poignant and powerful, this one speaks to me.

Sherri B. said...

This was so soothing and gentle...I really enjoyed it.

Raven said...

Tender and lovely.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I used to love to sing my children and grandchildren to sleep .. it the one thing I most miss now that they are all grown up. This was sweet Winnie.

Anonymous said...

thsi was so sweet !! :) n where did u get this lovely blog design ?? i paln to change mine soon !

Anonymous said...

what a lovely way to go to sleep

Nave said...

somethings just dont go .. even now when i close my eyes i can hear that song in silence .. still smell that saree next to you.. it was my granny :) and then the club was passed to my dad whom i pestered for a story every night before i slept and he gladly did.. Beautiful winnie !!

kochuthresiamma p j said...

nice to read a poem without pain - sweetest songs need not always be the saddest ones