Chained....

As I sit behind the gilded bar,
I dream,
About lands so far
Where butterflies dance in glee
And the air you breathe is free.

I notice that the lid is open,
Stealthily I try to break free
Alas, its just a ruse
Tied to my leg, was a noose.

Accompanied by your roaring laughter,
my frenzied dreams did shatter
For you it was just fun
Playing god.. you were my son....

Fettered, with a piece of thread,
Enslaved future, You, I dread.
soon after you lost interest
in me; left in the box
Chained by you
Choked, chained in death..

5 visitors stopped by.:



Quaintzy Patchez said...

am i tha phirst one to unravel?? *looks around*

well well, lemme take the ribbon cuttin honour... :D hehe

need i say somethingto praise the post?? i knw how many women get chained by motherhood wen they give their life to their children, and then the children leave em :(

Anonymous said...

honey, y do i find some sorta darkness in ur poems these days? lotsa them, i mean. r u lookin for freedom from somethin? :O
its beautiful, btw... :)

Vish said...

hmmm... I agree with Neeru regarding gray mood ! maybe it's the winters or maybe something else. :)
But the poems are extra-ordinarily deep :) very good read !

Winnie the poohi said...

Well the poem reflects the topic :P

this is about a dragon fly.. a small kid has kept it in a small box..
he opens it to let it fly.. controlling it with a piece of thread..

when bored.. he forgets that the fly is still in the box.. n the fly dies...

Anonymous said...

sad, how a fly life can be...sorta reminds me of my life...

vinnie the fly...lolz...!!